Duties for Contractors Underwriters on Ste. Anne De Bellevue, Quebec two barge operation changing a single span rail bridge section for two new span sections.
- Activities covered planning issues including developing measurement systems to control barge attitude and reduce stress on equipment.
- Supervision of loading bridge replacement spans onto the two barges and securing the spans and all equipment for the voyage from Valleyfield to Ste. Anne de Bellvue including necessary ballasting.
- Supervision of ballasting and barge location during lifting of the old span and moving it up the barges then moving new spans into position on the piers to maintain barge elevation.
- Jacking down and turning old span sections when split and preparing barges by securing all cargo for the move to Valleyfield.
- Supervising the offload at Valleyfield with associated ballasting.